Workshops and Presentations
Join a TVbyGIRLS workshop or bring a TVbyGIRLS workshop to your community.
Presentations: 1 hour to 3 hours
Executive Director and girls will bring their award winning videos and presentations about:
- Youth development.
- Visual literacy-how media works to define our values.
- Gender roles in the media and in our life.
Level 1 workshop: 3-5 hours
- Gather a group of 10 girls and have fun with an introduction to media making, visual story telling, and social justice action.
- TVbyGIRLS brings all supplies to your location.
- You supply the space, work tables, a projector, and the girls (adults and boys also welcome to join).
Level 2 workshop- 9 hours over 2 days
- Gather a group (girls, girls and boys, youth and adult, family) and spend a 2 day workshop with TVbyGIRLS–learn everything from a level 1 workshop AND then use those tools to make a short movie.
- TVbyGIRLS brings all supplies, cameras, and teachers to the workshop.
Long Term Mentoring Program
- Girls who are sparked by visual storytelling and want to explore social justice issues and media making can join the long term mentoring program.
- In the Mentoring Program, we work with a maximum of 15 girls (age 13 to 19) from all different communities and experiences.
- We work to making films about leadership, cross-cultural collaborations, deep explorations, and creative problem solving with media tools.
- The Mentoring Program works with girls over several years (typically 4-5 years) and creates high level films featuring girls’ ideas. These films are broadcast and used by groups around the world.